Fifteen laser frenectomy providers from USA, Canada, and Europe compare their experiences using the LightScalpel CO2 laser vs scissors, electrocautery, and other surgical laser systems such as diode, erbium, and other CO2 laser brands. During the interviews, watch video clips of LightScalpel CO2 laser frenectomy procedures including tongue-tie, lip-tie, and buccal-tie releases.
The CO2 laser wavelength advantage
When compared to other laser wavelengths on the market, the CO2 laser is THE ONLY practical soft-tissue surgical laser that uses the laser beam directly to cut, ablate and photo-thermally coagulate the soft tissue. When compared to hot-tip cautery devices (diode/electrosurgery), the CO2 laser offers often much faster surgeries with less collateral damage to surrounding tissues. Learn more about laser-tissue interaction.
LightScalpel’s CO2 laser delivery system advantage
LightScalpel’s exclusive flexible-fiber delivery system makes it the most ergonomic CO2 laser on the market and the ideal choice for frenectomy procedures. The flexible-fiber and unique ‘pen-like’ handpieces allow users to get up close to the target tissue (0.08 inches away, on average), whereas other CO2 lasers use articulated arm systems that have to be held, on average, 1 to 1.5 inches away. This distance becomes a vital safety concern when performing a frenectomy on non-cooperating patients such as infants and young children. Learn more about CO2 laser technology.
LightScalpel frenectomy providers interviewed in order of appearance
- Justin Roche, MB ChB, MRCPCH, IBCLC – Tipperary, IRE – drjustinroche.com
- Alisa Sacker, MD, IBCLC – San Diego, CA, USA – teamtonguetie.com
- Jesse Witkoff, DDS, DABPD – Denver, CO, USA – coloradotonguetie.com
- Rajeev Agarwal, MD, FAAP – Phoenix, AZ, USA – agavepediatrics.com
- Malcolm Levinkind, BDS, MSc, PhD, FDS RCS – London, UK – drlevinkind.com
- James Thomas, DDS – Bellevue, WA, USA – healthlatch.com
- Shervin Yazdi, DDS – San Francisco, CA, USA – cvpd.info
- Kimberly Santiago, DDS – Issaquah, WA, USA – santiagodentalwellness.com
- German Ramirez-Yañez, DDS, Pedo. Cert., MDSc – Aurora, ON, CAN – aurorakidsdentistry.org
- Allison M. Adams, DMD – Madison, NJ, USA – adamsdentalnj.com
- Soroush Zaghi, MD – Los Angeles, CA, USA – thebreatheinstitute.com
- Murray Dock, DDS, MSD – Cincinnati, OH, USA – montgomerypediatricdentistry.com
- Diana Batoon, DMD – Scottsdale, AZ, USA – bonitadental.com
- Richard Baxter, DMD, MS – Pelham, AL, USA – tonguetieal.com
- Martin Kaplan, DMD – Bolton, MA, USA – boltondental.com
We would like to thank all of the LightScalpel frenectomy providers interviewed in this video for their kind words and for allowing us to share their interviews.
LightScalpel frenectomy video footage providers in order of appearance
- Richard Baxter, DMD, MS – Pelham, AL, USA – tonguetieal.com – Frenectomy footage includes infant tongue-tie release and infant lip-tie release
- James Thomas, DDS – Bellevue, WA, USA – healthlatch.com – Frenectomy footage includes child tongue-tie release
- Leonard Kundel, DMD – Stamford, CT, USA – stamforddentist.com – Frenectomy footage includes infant buccal-tie release, infant lip-tie release, adult buccal-tie release, and adult lip-tie release
- German Ramierz-Yañez, DDS, Pedo. Cert., MDSc – Aurora, ON, CAN – aurorakidsdentistry.org – Frenectomy footage includes adolescent tongue-tie release
- Soroush Zaghi, MD – Los Angeles, CA, USA – thebreatheinstitute.com – Frenuloplasty footage includes adult tongue-tie release
- Ben Sutter, DMD, FAGD, FICCMO, LVIF – Eugene, OR, USA – forbeautifulsmiles.com – Frenectomy footage includes adult buccal-tie release