October 12, 2021
CO2 Laser Lipoma Removal by Ed Zimmerman, MD
CO2 Laser Lipoma Removal by Ed Zimmerman, MDEd Zimmerman, MD, of Las Vegas Laser & Lipo, uses a LightScalpel CO2 laser to remove a lipoma. The laser is used for an initial bloodless incision exposing the lipoma. Once the lipoma is fully exposed, Dr. Zimmerman uses the LightScalpel to bloodlessly excise the lipoma. The LightScalpel CO2 laser’s excellent coagulation / hemostasis properties are due to a close match between its coagulation / hemostasis depth of approx 50 micrometers and the sub-50 micrometer diameters of the blood vessel capillaries in the sub-epithelial / sub-epidermal tissue. The LightScalpel CO2 laser brings several advantages over conventional treatment methods including:
- The flexible fiber delivery system improves ergonomics of laser use
- Reduced operation time in some procedures
- Tissue sculpting ability; this laser has the ability to take off a single layer of cells if needed
- Easier removal of lesions without distortion of surrounding tissue
- Less bleeding, often with less trauma
- Less need for suturing
- Reduced postoperative discomfort
- Minimized edema
- Related Medical Specialties:
- Plastic Surgery and Dermatology
To copy the video, click on the button below ↓
Sign up for Our Email Newsletter
Join thousands of clinicians and get the latest case studies, surgical videos, news releases, and exclusive offers related to LightScalpel laser surgery and dentistry.
Zero Spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
- October 21 - October 23
- October 23
- October 29 - October 30
- July 6, 2021
CO2 surgical laser manufacturer. Medical specialties that utilize LightScalpel surgical lasers include dentistry, OMS, plastic surgery, among others.
Copyright © 2021 LightScalpel - All rights reserved. Terms, pricing, specifications and availability are subject to change without notice. Made in the USA