July 6, 2021
Finding the Best Frenectomy Tool
Finding the Best Frenectomy ToolFifteen laser frenectomy providers from USA, Canada, and Europe compare their experiences using the LightScalpel CO2 laser vs scissors, electrocautery, and other surgical laser systems such as diode, erbium, and other CO2 laser brands. During the interviews, watch video clips of LightScalpel CO2 laser frenectomy procedures including tongue-tie, lip-tie, and buccal-tie releases.
The CO2 laser wavelength advantageWhen compared to other laser wavelengths on the market, the CO2 laser is THE ONLY practical soft-tissue surgical laser that uses the laser beam directly to cut, ablate and photo-thermally coagulate the soft tissue. When compared to hot-tip cautery devices (diode/electrosurgery), the CO2 laser offers often much faster surgeries with less collateral damage to surrounding tissues. Learn more about laser-tissue interaction.
LightScalpel's CO2 laser delivery system advantageLightScalpel's exclusive flexible-fiber delivery system makes it the most ergonomic CO2 laser on the market and the ideal choice for frenectomy procedures. The flexible-fiber and unique 'pen-like' handpieces allow users to get up close to the target tissue (0.08 inches away, on average), whereas other CO2 lasers use articulated arm systems that have to be held, on average, 1 to 1.5 inches away. This distance becomes a vital safety concern when performing a frenectomy on non-cooperating patients such as infants and young children. Learn more about CO2 laser technology. LightScalpel frenectomy providers interviewed in order of appearance
- Justin Roche, MB ChB, MRCPCH, IBCLC - Tipperary, IRE - drjustinroche.com
- Alisa Sacker, MD, IBCLC - San Diego, CA, USA - teamtonguetie.com
- Jesse Witkoff, DDS, DABPD - Denver, CO, USA - coloradotonguetie.com
- Rajeev Agarwal, MD, FAAP - Phoenix, AZ, USA - agavepediatrics.com
- Malcolm Levinkind, BDS, MSc, PhD, FDS RCS - London, UK - drlevinkind.com
- James Thomas, DDS - Bellevue, WA, USA - healthlatch.com
- Shervin Yazdi, DDS - San Francisco, CA, USA - cvpd.info
- Kimberly Santiago, DDS - Issaquah, WA, USA - santiagodentalwellness.com
- German Ramirez-Yañez, DDS, Pedo. Cert., MDSc - Aurora, ON, CAN - aurorakidsdentistry.org
- Allison M. Adams, DMD - Madison, NJ, USA - adamsdentalnj.com
- Soroush Zaghi, MD - Los Angeles, CA, USA - thebreatheinstitute.com
- Murray Dock, DDS, MSD - Cincinnati, OH, USA - montgomerypediatricdentistry.com
- Diana Batoon, DMD - Scottsdale, AZ, USA - bonitadental.com
- Richard Baxter, DMD, MS - Pelham, AL, USA - tonguetieal.com
- Martin Kaplan, DMD - Bolton, MA, USA - boltondental.com
- Richard Baxter, DMD, MS - Pelham, AL, USA - tonguetieal.com - Frenectomy footage includes infant tongue-tie release and infant lip-tie release
- James Thomas, DDS - Bellevue, WA, USA - healthlatch.com - Frenectomy footage includes child tongue-tie release
- Leonard Kundel, DMD - Stamford, CT, USA - stamforddentist.com - Frenectomy footage includes infant buccal-tie release, infant lip-tie release, adult buccal-tie release, and adult lip-tie release
- German Ramierz-Yañez, DDS, Pedo. Cert., MDSc - Aurora, ON, CAN - aurorakidsdentistry.org - Frenectomy footage includes adolescent tongue-tie release
- Soroush Zaghi, MD - Los Angeles, CA, USA - thebreatheinstitute.com - Frenuloplasty footage includes adult tongue-tie release
- Ben Sutter, DMD, FAGD, FICCMO, LVIF - Eugene, OR, USA - forbeautifulsmiles.com - Frenectomy footage includes adult buccal-tie release
- Infant Lip- & Tongue-Tie Release – Richard Baxter, DMD, MS
- CO2 Laser Lingual Frenectomy
- Laser Maxillary Labial Frenectomy – Paul Rubin, DDS
- Infant Frenectomies with Lightscalpel Dental CO2 Laser
- Infant Laser Frenectomy – Anterior and Posterior Tongue-Tie Revisions
- Four-Week-Old Infant CO2 Laser Frenectomy – Tongue- & Lip-Tie Revisions
Sign up for Our Email Newsletter
Join thousands of clinicians and get the latest case studies, surgical videos, news releases, and exclusive offers related to LightScalpel laser surgery and dentistry.
Zero Spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
- August 6 - August 7
- August 28 - August 29
- September 10 - September 12
CO2 surgical laser manufacturer. Medical specialties that utilize LightScalpel surgical lasers include dentistry, OMS, plastic surgery, among others.
Copyright © 2021 LightScalpel - All rights reserved. Terms, pricing, specifications and availability are subject to change without notice. Made in the USA