August 12, 2016 in Detroit, MI
- This event has passed.
Dental Lasers: Basic Compentency Hands-On Workshop
The full range of diagnostic and therapeutic applications for soft tissue and hard tissue will be demonstrated and discussed. This program includes both lecture and hands-on with a short multiple choice group examination, covering a comprehensive overview and basic understanding of all dental laser devices, laser tissue interactions, and safety and operation of a variety of dental lasers.
The Hands-on Laser experience promises to be interactive and enjoyable. Interactive discussions will provide a balanced view of dental laser wavelengths, techniques and applications including:
- Current dental laser wavelengths for hard and soft tissue procedures, diagnosis and treatment
- Laser tissue interaction, its effects and results
- Treatment objectives, sequence, patient management and healing assessment
- Basic Laser physics, how lasers work and brief laser safety considerations
Hands on portion includes:
- Surgical technique simulation of various soft and hard tissue applications
- Set-up and operation of various laser systems