June 2, 2017 - June 3, 2017 in Boston, MA
- This event has passed.
Pediatric Tongue- and Lip-Ties: Diagnosis and Treatment with Soft-Tissue Lasers
In this combination lecture and hands-on course, attendees will be introduced to the concept of laser frenectomies, an increasingly popular method by which dentists and physicians can treat tongue- and lip-ties in their patients.
Day 1 of the course will consist of: lactation background, relevant chiropractic information and a detailed discussion of the science behind pediatric frenectomies.
Day 2 of the course will consist of: a detailed discussion of laser tissue interaction, a hands-on workshop on pig jaws, and a presentation on procedure billing and reimbursement.
- Understand infant sucking physiology and how tongue-ties impair infant suck
- Use evidence-based diagnostic criteria to screen babies for this condition
- Understand all of the consequences and benefits of using lasers to remove tongue-ties
- Be able to perform tongue-tie releases on infants
- Understand how structural issues that interfere with breastfeeding can be relieved through chiropractic cranial work and manual therapies