Why LightScalpel Lasers?
What are the advantages of LightScalpel laser procedures?
Here is a list of some of the many advantages for patients that the LightScalpel laser technology provides:
- Minimized Bleeding: As it vaporizes the tissue, the LightScalpel laser seals small blood vessels. This great reduction in bleeding makes surgical procedures quick and easy. In many cases, no sutures are required.
- Less Swelling and Discomfort: The LightScalpel CO2 laser beam seals lymphatics, resulting in less post-operative swelling and discomfort associated with traditional scalpel surgery.
- Reduced Risk of Infection: The sanitizing effect of the laser reduces the risk of infection and means faster healing.
- Shortened Surgery Time: Less bleeding results in the improved visibility of the surgical field. The surgeon and the team do not have to spend much time trying to control the bleeding, and as a result, the duration of the surgery is reduced.
- Faster recovery: Reduced trauma, minimized bleeding, less pain and swelling, and shorter periods of anesthesia mean, in most cases, you can go back to work or school the same day.
- Reduced Risk of Scarring: Several studies have shown that CO2 laser-irradiated areas, (compared to traditional methods) heal with less wound contraction and scarring due to the reduced amount of myofibroblasts at the surgical site.
- Advanced laser tools mean better results: The lightweight ergonomic handpieces and flexible fiber waveguide of the LightScalpel CO2 laser allow for enhanced precision with pinpoint accuracy. Also, LightScalpel accessories significantly facilitate surgeries in difficult to reach places.
Ask your doctor if LightScalpel laser surgery is right for you.
FDA Cleared and American Made
LightScalpel, the American made 10.6-micrometer CO2 laser is cleared by the FDA for soft tissue surgical procedures, such as frenectomy, gingivectomy, gingivoplasty, excision of fibroma, biopsies, stage II implant exposure, treatment of leukoplakia, laser skin resurfacing, blepharoplasty, treatment of wrinkles, pigmented lesions, rhinophyma reduction, and many others.
Learn more about LightScalpel Surgical Lasers:
- About the American surgical laser manufacture: LightScalpel. What makes LightScalpel different from other manufacturers.
- Learn more about CO2 Lasers and tissue interaction science and why the laser wavelength matters.
- Comparing LightScalpel CO2 lasers to other surgical laser technologies
Share on social media?
With a CO2 laser, procedures can be done quickly and precisely. … The key to it all is the flexible fiber. It gives you so much control. Once you learn how to cut precisely with it – it’s a one-shot deal; you can pull away if you need to coagulate, etc… it’s easy, fast, reliable and consistent.
Dr. Bert Bowden, MD, FACS